WE CAN PRINT YOUR ARTWORK! BELOW ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING YOUR FILE TO PRINT.
AgentBrix.ca - Artwork Guidelines
We have prepared the following guide to assist you with your artwork preparation. If you have a specific problem that is not covered in this guide, or have other questions, please feel free to contact us. Artwork that is not prepared properly can lead to issues in production.
- Quick Checklist
- All fonts are changed to outlines/contours. Do not embed fonts in your PDF.
- Type is legible and crisp. We suggest using a sans serif font size no smaller than 7pt, or 10pt script font.
- Page layout and orientation is correct.
- Margins are set.
- Artwork matches the specified dimensions.
- All linked files, images, and fonts are placed in separate folders.
- Colors in CMYK mode (not RGB or Pantone)
- Photographs are 300dpi or larger
A 1/8" (0.125") border must be added to all artwork where the image or artwork will run to the very edge. This ensures there is no white space or border showing around the printed piece. It is also important to keep text at least a 1/4" away from the paper edge or the trim line. This will prevent issues in trimming.
On-screen print previews are not a safe and sure measuring tool for colour accuracy. Colours on the file might be affected by monitor calibration, screen resolution and lighting, just to name a few. Many Pantone colors show a marked color shift when converted to four color process.
To achieve the desired colour on press, digital files must reflect accurate colour models and percentage. Please make sure all colors are in CMYK mode for color accuracy and a better quality output, instead of Pantone or RGB. Image Resolutions
- All images and pictures should be 300 dpi.
- Rasterized text or logos should be 1200 dpi.
- Screen values should be between 133 lpi and 150 lpi.
- Files should be 300 dpi at 100% of actual size for quality offset reproduction.
- Files should be saved in PDF format (embed all fonts and set the screen value to 133 lpi.)
We will provide you with a low resolution PDF proof at no charge. Refer to the product you are ordering for more information regarding how many edits/proofs are included in the price.
Additional edits and proofs are available for an added fee.
Note: Emailed digital proofs are intended to show you the layout and design elements of your job, but cannot be a guarantee of colour accuracy. When a job is held-up due to customer response, we will only hold you order for 5 business days before the job is cancelled. At this time, we cannot guarantee order completion turn-around time or meeting specific deadlines. We recommend ordering when you are ready to proceed and available to review emailed proofs and provide feedback or approval to print.
All approvals must be submitted by email in clear language to print ("Approved to print"). Once submitted to print, we cannot edit or cancel the order.
Questions? Contact us for a hand!